Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Interruptions

Interruptions , doesn't it seem the older we get the more interruptions we seem to have of some sort? Just when we start thinking we are really on a role. When we think we got it all down, we have waited a long time, the kids are gone, we have a measure of freedom, time, finances in control and things are looking up, that's just when something else comes up that slows us down or sets us back, who would have ever thought?  I remember my mother used to say and I quote" Just when you think you have won the rat race somebody throws in another rat!" And Gilda Radner's grandmother used to say" It's always something." And no truer statements have ever been spoken. What lesson was she really trying to put across? My mother used to also say" What I cant teach you life will." I get it now,life has taught me so many things. How I wish I could tell her so, there are so many things I understand now. But what she never said is that I would be over 50 and extraordinary before I would be able too.  Maybe she herself didn't know. By now I have learned life is full of interruptions, setbacks, hindrance's. That's life, L-life I- interruptions, F-forever E-exist. Perhaps I learned this a long time ago and just never put it in perspective or accepted it.  I have to truly say I appreciate that wisdom does come with age, so in a sense we do get better as we age. And these things are just a part of life and will never go away as long as we live. There's only one way to cope with them is to accept them for what they are. Then continue on with our forward march. They are only temporary. We cant let them stop us from achieving some personal goal long awaited for. Some of these interruptions can last for years, like raising a family and meeting their needs even after having done so. We have to look beyond the interruption and see the end goal. Can't allow discouragement to make us give up.  I can speak from experience, I've waited a life time to publish a children's picture book and for the first time I am nearing that goal. I've had my set back and hindrances, one after another, but I'm on my way nearing the finish line! I can see it clearly. I am so excited, I cant wait to share it with you! So no matter what it is you have always wanted to do, don't give up, it is still there to be done, just waiting for you.  And if we move through this life, coping with the things it will always inevitably hand  us and accepting it as just a part of the big picture , only then will we be able to deal successfully with the interruptions until we are all satisfied with the goals we have set and achieved. Always remembering that once we have reached our goal that the interruptions are behind us and there is more Life ahead.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment